Saturday 22 February 2014

today i want… zara flat chunky sandals

zara flat chunky sandals

Zara sandals / £29.99

These are the type of shoes that anyone who doesn't follow fashion would take one look at and recoil in horror. They might even make that person think that you don't follow fashion… If that makes any sense. In a perverse sort of way, this makes me like them more. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but one of the things I most love about this strange business we call fashion - and one of the things that makes it so exciting - is the way we can totally hate something one season and totally love it the next. The transformative power of fashion. And so it is with the ugly shoe. Two years ago I'd have sworn blind I wouldn't be seen dead in a shoe like this. Fast forward to now and you can't move for orthopaedic-looking footwear. (If you still need convincing, take one look at Charlie May's blog and tell me they aren't the perfect accompaniment to any look that needs dressing down or de-girlifying a little.) To be honest, I've been very slow to come around and I'm still not sure I'll actually buy these. But I'm getting there. And I sort of love that.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig