Wednesday 19 February 2014

today i love… eudon choi a/w '14

Eudon Choi AW14

Eudon Choi AW14 (2)

Eudon Choi AW14 (3)

I won't bore you with too many of my blurry iPhone photos or thoughts on shows because you can find plenty of both all over the internet. But I do just want to highlight Eudon Choi as one of my standout shows of LFW, and not only because it was my first Somerset House front row experience (thank you lovely Telegraph team!) Choi has been one of my favourite emerging designers over the past few seasons; I first took a liking to his clothes because he has a penchant for leather, just as I do. And he generally just does clever things in an interesting way. Last season I wasn't too keen - not only because we were crammed into a teeny tiny boiling hot hotel room for the show, but also because it was a little too far away from minimalist for my liking. But this season he struck just the right balance between wearable and new. The show was called Hysteria and the models walked to an at times deafening soundtrack of hysteric pop fans screaming in the 60s, a decade referenced in the huge shaggy coats (loved) and chunky tasselled shoes (not so much). The perfectly cut grey wool tailoring stood out to me, as did the slick navy pinstripes teamed with winged eyeliner and messy, slightly bouffant-y hair. Some of it was too 60s and too colourful for me, but I could definitely see myself taking separates and teaming them with leather or denim to tailor them to my wardrobe. The standout piece for me was an amazing fur and leather panelled coat, and the stiff starched white shirts with oversized collars were pretty special too. All in all, a pretty awesome LFW experience for me.

Check out my video of the Eudon Choi finale here, and read my show reports of Mark Fast and Charlie May for the Telegraph here.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

1 comment

  1. Great post and pictures, I also really enjoyed his show and loved the music :)

    Greetings from London,

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig