Tuesday 24 December 2013

today i love… the sales

Christmas sales picks 2013 Whistles Topshop Reiss Tom Binns

1. Whistles Limited Corine clutch / £145 (reduced from £295)
2. & Other Stories cotton sweatshirt top / £15 (reduced from £29)
4. Tom Binns Regal Rocker earrings / £90 (reduced from £150) at Net-a-porter
5. Reiss Natalia cut-away instep shoes / £95 (reduced from £149)

I feel very unprepared for the sales this year. By which I mean that they've all come unexpectedly early. Every year the once so-called January sales creep earlier and earlier, to the point that some including my-wardrobe and Whistles had begun by 18th December this time around. I don't know about you, but this unnerves me slightly; I like to be able to wake up on Boxing Day and commit an entire morning to online shopping, safe in the knowledge that I won't have missed out. But all these premature sales have meant we've had to fit in sales shopping around all the manic preparation that Christmas entails (I know, I know, first world problems). But anyway. It really is the best time of year to snap up a bargain or two; the summer sales are always something of a disappointment. So I've picked a couple of my favourite pieces available to snap up now, and to be honest, the only sales I'm still really waiting on are Zara and Space NK. A few golden rules to stick to when sales shopping: first, check back on all the things you wanted anyway (my Pinterest wish list is ideal for this); secondly, don't buy anything too trend-led; I really wanted the Stella McCartney plaid sweater but I'm not going to buy it in the sales because it's had its heyday; third, step back a second and think about whether that is actually a brilliant price, or just cheaper than it was but still pretty expensive. If in doubt, I think you can't go too far wrong with classic knits, investment bags, beauty sets and lots of leather (always in style but not cheap at full price). Happy shopping! Oh, and a very merry Christmas to you all.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig