Tuesday 31 December 2013

this year i'm wearing...

As we say goodbye to 2013, it's time for me to post the customary self-indulgent look back at what I've been wearing this year…

January /

January 2013

In January I received my beloved Mulberry Alexa for my birthday, so it accessorised pretty much every look from there on in. The snowy weather called for an abundance of beanie hats, excessive wearing of my Topshop Unique army bomber jacket and, of course, rather a lot of leather.


February /

February 2013

February saw me wear my Zara jacquard wrap skirt and a neon yellow beanie (which I quickly thought better of) to the Lucas Nascimento show at LFW. A very lovely weekend in Amsterdam gave me the perfect opportunity to wear in my beautiful new Isabel Marant Dicker boots, which have barely left my feet since. At the end of the month I jetted off to Australia for some much-needed sun.


March /

March 2013

Not many outfit posts in March, given that I spent almost all of it down under, but at least I got to give my silk shorts, silver sandals and denim cut-offs several outings in the sun. When I returned (to horrifically cold weather) I accessorised everything with my new favourite holographic clutch and classic black Zara courts.


April /

April 2013

My favourite purchase in April was the black and gold embroidered Zara bomber which at first glance might seem something at odds with my usual simple style, but which proved my hardest working piece of outerwear throughout the summer. Plus, when I met my fashion journalist crush Polly Vernon she told me she had the same jacket and loved it. Also in April I took a quick 24-hour trip to Bruges where it was unseasonably sunny and the perfect excuse to dig out my trusty Ray-Ban Wayfarers again.


May /

May 2013

Spending a long weekend in Edinburgh resulted in my finally buying the H&M leopard jacket I'd been lusting after for months. I also invested in my second pair of Ray-Bans, this time tortoiseshell Clubmasters, and gave my favourite new Whistles clutch - monogrammed with my initials - quite a lot of outfit airtime.


June /

June 2013

Another sunglasses purchase in June courtesy of Linda Farrow at Bicester Village, along with what was probably my best budget buy of the year: the black suede Zara sandals which are as comfortable as they are beautiful. In the summer sales I snapped up the cobalt blue Whistles trouser suit I'd had my eye on for months and have continued to wear it both as an ensemble and separately ever since.


July /

July 2013

July's hero piece was the white Zara skort which is probably the most fashion-blogged item of the year (I mean, seriously, have you found anyone who didn't own it?!) Luckily the heatwave meant shorts, bare legs and plenty of sunglasses, as well as the perfect excuse to buy my first "day dress" - a black Zara wrap dress which has proven very versatile ever since.


August /

August 2013

In August the tricky in-between weather meant I was wearing shorts one minute and jackets the next, but it was perfect for my mid-length croc print leather skirt. It also meant I could break out my new cable knit unseasonably early.


September /

September 2013

LFW in September threw me into something of an outfit panic where I felt like I had nothing to wear, but it was a fantastic experience (and did result in my buying one of my favourite pieces of the season - the Whistles navy check wrap skirt). I also wore my first fedora with some apprehension, plus, unusually for me, some flat shoes: a beautiful pair of Zara ponyskin loafers.


October /

October 2013

After umming and ahhing over whether to keep them, the Zara patent ankle boots turned out to be my hardest working footwear of the year (still wearing them pretty much constantly). I thought about getting a pink coat but in the end went for the cream fluffy oversized River Island beauty, and in hindsight that was definitely the right decision. Hero accessory of the month was my H&M velvet chain bag.


November /

November 2013

To celebrate my new job I treated myself to the Whistles fur-lined biker jacket I'd wanted for literally a year, and I'm so ridiculously in love with it still. November of course saw the launch of the much anticipated Isabel Marant pour H&M collection, and I managed to snap up the satin-lapelled blazer (although I now really wish I'd got the leather trousers, too).


December /

December 2013

A 20% off Whistles offer and all the sales starting early means December did a hell of a lot of damage to my bank account. But I have a lot of goodies to show for it, including the gorgeous Whistles slogan sweat, fierce Zara zip and buckle boots and, of course, the Christmas present to end all Christmas presents: my 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 hour bag. In love.


So that's what I was wearing in 2013. I just want to say thank you all so much for reading my blog this year. I really hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. I hugely appreciate every single page view, comment, tweet and Instagram like. As always if you have any comments or suggestions you can get in touch via annalouelliott@gmail.com or any of my social media, so please do. 2013 has been a really great year for me and I hope it has for you too. I wish you a very happy new year and I hope you will keep on reading my blog in 2014!

Anna Lou X x x


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

10 comments

  1. you have an amazing coat collection!

    happy new year from VIENNA WEDEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply adore your style! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely style! :) You have some stunning pieces! :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the yearly round up post, the first September outfit is particularly lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciara! And thanks for reading the blog this year :) x

      Delete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig