Monday 11 November 2013

today i love… the monday wish list

Whistles Carin cashmere knit, Kate Bosworth for Topshop Pistol stiletto boots

Welcome to a new feature on my blog, the Monday wish list. I don't know about you, but Monday feels like the perfect day to do a little sneaky online shopping to me. When Friday feels so far away, clicking home a lovely little treat is the perfect pick-me-up, plus then you can spend the rest of the week looking forward to its imminent arrival. So every other Monday I'll be putting together six of my favourite pieces available to shop now for your perusal pleasure.

My hunt for the perfect Céline checked piece continues, but this cute pouch is my current pick. A simple and inexpensive way to buy into the trend and add a little interest to all your outfits. I like the idea of teaming it with white skinny jeans and a cream knit for a pop of colour.

I don't know about you, but around this time of year my skin starts crying out for hydration and I start frantically scanning the shelves for luxe, rich moisturisers aplenty. I'm still in love with M&S' beauty department (such a great selection of brands) and I've heard good things about Skyn Iceland, so I'm very tempted to give this a try.

Whistles' newly launched cashmere collection makes my inner knitwear addict go a little giddy. It's hard to narrow down my wish list to just one as they are all sumptuously soft perfection, but this dove grey textured version is my current top contender. Probably the ultimate wardrobe staple.

Purveyor of tough jewellery Dominic Jones recently launched his cheaper diffusion line, DJ by Dominic Jones, which combines gold plating and enamel in a very covetable and affordable collection of accessories. I'm slowly getting back into earrings at the moment, but they've got to be the opposite of girly, and these thorn-shaped beauties certainly fit the bill.

This is the time of year when I have to admit that my open-toed heels won't be getting much use anymore, so it's time to invest in some winter-appropriate (yet still nice and impractical) boots. I wasn't 100% sure about this nude Kate Bosworth for Topshop pair initially, preferring the classic black version, but actually I'm starting to love them. Paired with jeans and a slouchy knit I think they'd suitably sex up any ensemble.

COS, that purveyor of perfect minimalism, never throws up any particular "wow" piece that makes my jaw drop and my debit card itch. What it does do, however, is consistently produce classics that subtly whisper style without making a song and dance about it. This burgundy coat, utterly simple yet oh so chic, is a case in point. A timeless investment if ever I saw one.


See what else is on my wish list here.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

3 comments

  1. Ah that check clutch, seem slike an inexpensive way to get in on the tartan revolution! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boots are to die for

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig