Friday 27 September 2013

today i bought... zara patent ankle boots

Zara patent ankle boots


I've wanted a pair of patent ankle boots since, well, probably since Alexa Chung started wearing them in about 2008 (as a general rule, a lot of trends start this way, and I always seem to be about five years behind). In any case I've never really come across any that have floated my boat, apart from these divine Philip Lim beauties; sadly even at the Outnet's price I can't really afford them though. This Zara pair has been on my mind ever since I first saw it several weeks ago, but I wasn't 100% sure on the fact that they come up very high on the ankle.

Then I came across Camille of COTR wearing a perfect patent pair and knew they were the ones I'd been searching for. It took me a little while to realise they were this same pair. I finally decided to order them and see and, of course, by then they'd sold out online. Luckily, though, there were a couple of pairs left in my local store. I'm still not totally convinced I'll keep them for a few reasons: 1) after getting them home I realised they're not leather and as a rule I only buy leather shoes and bags, plus £79 is a lot for non-leather; 2) that high leg issue is still worrying me a little, so I'll have to try them on with lots of different things first; 3) ASOS have a very similar pair here which are not only cheaper, they're real leather too. That said, I don't like the cut quite as much. Argh, decisions, decisions.

What do you think? Are you a fan of a patent boot? And do you think these are "the ones" or should I keep the search going?


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

1 comment

  1. You got them! They are amazing. Cannot wait to see an outfit post of you wearing them. X

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig