Monday 22 July 2013

today i love... whistles a/w'13











Pictures / Whistles.co.uk

It feels somewhat ridiculous to be writing about autumn-appropriate clothes on the hottest day of the year. Right now the thought of wearing a woollen knit and leather trousers kind of makes me want to throw up, but on any other day this thought would fill me with joy, so I'm going to power through. It's one of the great ironies of fashion in Britain that while we shiver away in February and March the shops throw bikinis and sunglasses at us, and by the time we finally get some sunshine, the summer stock has been cleared away and it's back to coats and scarves and heavy-duty boots. Such a trivial thing as the weather couldn't get in the way of my love for these clothes, though. As you will no doubt know, my brand-crush on Whistles reaches ever more stratospheric heights by the day. If you're not aware, it's far and away one of the best brands on the British high street (available to international customers, too, thanks to ASOS). The price point is a little high for me, so I tend to buy a lot in the sales, or focus mainly on the cheaper accessories than the clothes. This autumn/winter may present a challenge to my bank balance therefore, as the clothes are simply divine. Back in February Whistles became one of a handful of British high street brands to show at London Fashion Week, presenting its absolutely sensational autumn/winter collection to the press. The lookbook pretty much sums up how I'd like to dress. At all times. Always. (Well, OK, maybe not in this heat. But at all other times). The above campaign shots should tell you all you need to know: the CĂ©line-worthy minimalism; the checked trousers and mannish coats; the ponyhair clutches; the sumptuous knitwear (that cream angora beauty = hell yes)... I could go on. But I'll let the collection speak for itself. Click here to shop it all.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig