Saturday 3 November 2012

today i want... markus lupfer for whistles knitted hat



I'm not a big fan of hats, it has to be said. I've never had the panache to rock a panama, and anything that comes anywhere near to being referred to as a fascinator just horrifies me. That said, as the days draw in I do appreciate the warming practical benefits of a knitted beanie. Cold ears aren't really a good look, and while you can go wrong with a beanie, the pitfalls are far fewer than with, say, a trilby. A kitsch slogan beanie, like this beauty from Markus Lupfer's collaboration with Whistles, might be exactly the answer to that age-old fashion question: how do you wear a hat without looking pretentious? It's not cheap, granted, but fashion nous like this is worth paying for, right?


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

2 comments

  1. I agree that there's nothing worse than cold ears, but I just don't think i can wear a bobble hat without feeling about nine years old, even if it is Lupfer!

    aminorobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... I think that's kind of why I like it, for the challenge of not looking like a 9-year-old!

      Delete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig