Saturday 26 May 2012

today i'd save on... isabel marant vs zara


On left / Isabel Marant Rio chain-strapped leather sandals / £500 at Net-a-porter
On right / Zara nude chain-strapped sandals / £39.99

Apologies for the blurry photo of the Zara shoes: I snapped this shot last weekend on Instagram and was waiting for them to arrive online, but so far there's no sign of them (I'll let you know if they show up, but otherwise you'll have to look in store). Anyway, many of you will no doubt be aware of Isabel Marant's to-die-for Rio sandals: surely the lust-have shoe of the summer. The flattering nude colour combined with the muddle of chain straps, which just a year ago would have seemed over-the-top, equals a shoe that will complete any summer outfit. Needless to say I'm sadly not in a position to spend £500 on a pair of shoes (saving up has never been a strength of mine), so I'm pretty happy to see that Zara's TRF line has produced this pretty convincing imitation. Two factors stopped me from buying them, however: the strap is T-bar rather than across the toe, which I don't like quite as much, and the heel is quite low, lower than the Marants. Still, I definitely haven't ruled them out. Currently I'm waiting on two quite extravagant online shopping orders to arrive, though, so I should probably wait and see just how much of a financial dent they make first...


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig