Saturday 17 September 2011

today i'm channelling... 3.1 phillip lim s/s'12

So New York Fashion Week has been and gone, and hands down my favourite show was 3.1 Phillip Lim. This didn't come as a surprise to me, because as the seasons have gone by I have fallen more and more in love with Lim's designs. Recently his shows are so absolutely representative of how I'd love to dress that it's almost as though he's designing for me (I wish). His Resort 2012 collection was pure perfection (see it here) and I still keep referring back to it whenever I'm lacking outfit inspiration. And his S/S'12 collection, shown last Wednesday, was no different (see it here). I immediately fell in love with every piece. Played out in a beautiful soft palette of snow white, navy (my favourite colour for clothes), lilac, apricot and black, Lim showed effortlessly tailored trousers, shorts and jackets alongside draped silk dresses and camisoles. Details such as black accents on stark white, perfectly placed zips, flashes of silver from belts and shoes, and monochrome bags clutched in the hand, served to further ignite my love of the collection. Put simply, if I had the money, I'd buy every piece. Sadly, however, I don't, but that's where the great British high street comes into play. Thankfully for us, our favourite shops are already offering some beautiful Lim-alike pieces so that we can channel this fantastic designer's timeless brand of chic a season early. See below for my picks, and if you need any inspiration on how to wear Lim's designs, check out style icon Elin Kling looking simply amazing in his Resort collection here and here.


3. River Island white silk vest, £15 (reduced from £29.99)
6. ASOS pleat front city short, £12 (reduced from £35)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig