Friday 17 June 2011

today i want... topshop glitter boots

You probably know by now that I've got a bit of a soft spot for metallics. There's no easier way to add interest and edge to your look than with a shiny silver bag, a gold painted knit or some butter-soft pewter leather. And for quite some time now I've been really rather wanting a pair of metallic boots. There's something brilliant about the way a simple monochrome outfit can be jazzed up with a flash of silver shoe, as expertly demonstrated by Caroline Blomst's amazing Giuseppe Zanotti boots (FYI, this might be my favourite ever of her outfits) and Columbine Smille's gorgeous Rupert Sandersons. But I can't count the number of times I've searched for 'silver boots' on ShopStyle and come up blank. It seems that unless you're willing to shell out the big bucks, metallic footwear is off the menu. Until now, that is. The other day Caroline Blomst posted a preview of Topshop's upcoming footwear for autumn on her blog, and what should be among them but these fantastic glitter boots? Now I love the black ones, but those silver guys have my name all over them. Sadly I've no idea when they'll be arriving in stores (autumn can mean anything from July-October in fashion terms) or how much they cost, but I know I'll be keeping an eagle eye out, and will let you know as soon as I see them.



Picture: Carolinesmode.com


*UPDATE 16TH JULY* The black ones have now arrived online and cost £80. Find them here. Will let you know when the silver ones land!

*UPDATE 21ST JULY* The silver ones arrived online this morning but had completely sold out within 3 hours! Item code is 32A03ASLV if you want to find them instore. I'll update if they are restocked online!

*UPDATE 29TH JULY* They came back in stock this morning but once again disappeared very quickly!

Share:

3 comments

  1. I need to get my hands on these too :)

    xx

    TFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annalou,

    I just found your blog via google, when I was looking for pictures of the topshop glitter boots!
    I've just done a blog post about the boots too, but it seems you picked up on it before me!

    I just wanted to say your blog is amazing, and I'm really suprised you don't have more followers!

    I'm really glad I found your blog and I will deffo be reading every post!

    much love

    Milly

    x

    www.fashionlaunderette.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Milly, thanks so much! Really glad you like the blog :)

    Will definitely be checking yours out too!

    Annalou X

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig