Thursday 3 February 2011

today i'm inspired by... simone rocha s/s'11

With the fashion weeks just around the corner, it's that time of year when I start to get excited about the bevy of design talent that will shortly be revealing itself to my fashion-hungry eyes. And as well as eagerly anticipating the shows of established designer favourites (with Burberry Prorsum being the most exciting show for me every season), I'm also excited to see which new names will be making themselves known to me. And there's no better way to familiarise oneself with the hotly-tipped designers of the future than by watching the Fashion East shows. Fashion East is the brainchild of style guru Lulu Kennedy, and, in collaboration with Topshop, it sponsors three just-graduated designers each season to show a full collection during London Fashion Week. Sometimes these shows are a little too out-there for me (I tend to find that unknown designers far too often rely on the shock factor to get their clothes noticed) but last season I found myself incredibly impressed with one of the young designers. Simone Rocha is the daughter of John Rocha and presented her first full collection back in September. And it really was just beautiful. Done almost entirely in white, it focused around the theme of the deconstructed white shirt, playing around with mesh layers, cutout panels and sheer chiffon sleeves. Flashes of pink, silver and orange-red lent interest, but it was the incredibly accomplished cuts and figure-flattering fits of the clothes that really impressed me. Not to mention the perspex accessories (want, want, want). Anyway, I just thought I'd show you a few of the looks from Rocha's S/S'11 collection, in preparation for her return to Fashion East's line-up in just a couple of weeks' time. I really recommend you tune in to watch her show at the Topshop website, because if this collection is anything to go by, you're in for a treat.


Pictures: Elleuk.com

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig