Wednesday 24 May 2017

frill seeker

Zara black frilled top, Whistles Fairhope sandals and Topshop Boutique leather croc skirt

I would never have thought I'd wear a top with frill sleeves. I think I retired my last remnant of ruffles about five years ago, if not longer. Since then it's been clean lines and simple cuts all the way in my wardrobe. But we all know that you can never say never when it comes to fashion. I mostly blame Ellery for bringing back oversized proportions and making mega sleeves and frilled layers suddenly seem cool again. This has now filtered down to the high street and Zara for one is full to the brim with all things frilly right now.

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium bag, Whistles Fairhope buckle sandals and Zara black frilled top

My pick was this top for a few reasons: firstly it's black, which makes any trend more wearable (especially avoid red or you'll look like the emoji dancing lady). Secondly, it's somehow not too fussy: the frills don't take over and it doesn't make a massive statement. The cut is also oversized and relaxed which keeps the girliness level to a minimum. Oh, and it's cheap: with any trend-led piece like this, it's best not to make too much of an investment, because I'll probably go off it in a few months' time. For now though, I am seriously loving the frills.

Zara frilled top, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium burgundy bag and Larsson & Jennings Saxon black gold watch

Topshop Boutique black leather skirt, Whistles gold buckle heels and 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium bag

Whistles Fairhope buckle sandals, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium burgundy and Zara black ruffle top

Topshop Boutique skirt / similar here
ASOS earrings / similar here


---- shop the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig