Sunday 2 April 2017

discovering great plains

Great Plains khaki tencel shirt, Topshop Jamie raw hem jeans and Reiss neoprene mules

It's always exciting to discover a new brand. I have to say that when Great Plains kindly offered to let me try out a couple of pieces from their latest collection, I was not hugely familiar with the brand. I didn't realise they were a sister company to French Connection and I also didn't realise they stocked a streamlined collection of sleek, sophisticated and understated pieces which totally appeal to my minimalist tendencies.

Whistles black leather jacket, Great Plains black asymmetric top and Whistles Fairhope sandals

Anyway, I immediately gravitated towards this beautiful black asymmetric 'Lola' top (above). It's the perfect sophisticated workwear piece: classic but with a point of difference to make it stand out. I teamed it with a leather jacket to play down the femininity a little and my favourite Whistles sandals (still on sale!)

I also wanted something a little more casual for weekends, and this classic khaki 'Timed Out' shirt (below) fits the bill. I've actually been searching for a great khaki shirt for months now and Great Plains have delivered it. The washed tencel makes it touchably soft and it's the elusive perfect dark shade of khaki. I wore it with frayed jeans and Ray-Ban Clubmasters on casual Friday at work, but I'd also tuck it into a leather skirt for a more formal look.


Ray-Ban Clubmaster sunglasses, Great Plains khaki Timed Out shirt and Larsson & Jennings silver Lugano watch

Great Plains black Lola top, Topshop white Jamie jeans and 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag

Topshop blue Jamie raw hem jeans, Great Plains khaki tencel Timed Out shirt and Alexander Wang black Prisma bag

Great Plains Lola black top, Whistles quilted leather jacket and Larsson & Jennings silver Lugano watch

Great Plains khaki Timed Out shirt, Alexander Wang Prisma tote bag and Reiss black heeled mules

Whistles leather jacket / similar here
Reiss neoprene mules
Alexander Wang Prisma tote / similar here
Ray-Ban Clubmasters


---- shop the rest of the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig