Saturday 7 January 2017

a different silhouette

Whistles shearling leather jacket and Zara wide legged trousers

Even a couple of years ago I would never have been seen in wide-legged trousers. After all, there's something so comfortingly familiar about a skinny trouser or jean. You know where you are with it: it won't give you any surprises and it won't cause any raised eyebrows. But playing it safe is not what fashion is about. I would never want to be one of those people who's happy in the same tried and tested combination every day. Don't get me wrong: I have beloved pieces in my wardrobe that I wear over and over, and often you will find me in the same formula of skinny trousers and a chunky jumper. But damn, it feels good to shake that up every now and then.

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag and Zara white cropped top

I snapped up both this voluminous slightly cropped top and these amazing high-waisted wide-legged trousers (culottes? Almost? Not quite?) in the Zara sale online. Sale shopping online is always an interesting gamble, I find. 90% of the time I order some interesting looking pieces and they arrive only to leave me in no doubt as to exactly why they were reduced (my & Other Stories order was sadly almost entirely immediately returned). But I really surprised myself with my Zara haul. I completely didn't expect to love these trousers as much as I did. As soon as I put them on, I was totally sold on a whole new silhouette - and that's no mean feat.

What's more, not only would they look fantastic with a super slim top tucked in, they also work pretty incredibly well (if I do say so myself) paired with this equally voluminous top. The only remaining ingredient was a pair of slick classic courts (a Black Friday steal). After all, let's not shake things up too much: we all know wide-legged trousers demand heels. I have to say I was feeling pretty confident with my new silhouette when I wore this yesterday, and I'm sure it won't be the last you see of it.

Zara black leather court shoes and Zara white cropped top

Kingsley Ryan pearl ear cuff and Zara white fluted top

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli burgundy and Whistles black leather biker jacket

Zara white fluted sleeve top and Zara black culottes

Zara black high waisted trousers and Zara black heeled court shoes

Whistles jacket / similar here
Kingsley Ryan ear cuff


---- shop the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig