Friday 25 July 2014

today i bought… asos leather pencil skirt

asos leather pencil skirt

ASOS pencil skirt in leather / £54 (reduced from £90)

Couldn't resist snapping up this beautiful calf length leather skirt in the ASOS sale (sometimes the last dregs are the best). But I have a dilemma, and no, it's not whether to keep it (you know I never have any doubts where leather is concerned). No, unfortunately I'm right in the middle of two sizes. Whereas I would usually err on the side of caution and breathing room, especially with anything high-waisted, when it comes to leather it's a little more tricky. I bought my croc embossed leather skirt in a slightly roomier size and have always regretted it, because after just a few wears it stretched and is now more low-slung than high-waisted. The same goes for my first pair of leather leggings, so I made sure the second pair were skintight. But the smaller size of this skirt is really quite small, as in I can barely sit down. I'm wearing it now and it's not feeling good. But if it will give after a few wears, is it worth putting up with it, rather than invest in the larger size and then have to give up on that once it stretches? Thoughts please…


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

5 comments

  1. I have this skirt in white and initially ordered a size 8 but found it too big so went down a size as leather tends to give after time and I didn't want it to stretch out anymore. You should probably go down a size lovely to avoid being disappointed. It is gorgeous after all x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma :) Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll just have to wear it around the house to stretch it a bit first! X

      Delete
  2. larger size and have it taken in with a tailor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi

    why don't you wear it in a photoset published on your blog?

    thanks
    i like your style and blog

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig