Sunday 27 April 2014

today i love… beauty favourites

beauty favourites embryolisse molton brown korres

I had heard a lot of good things about this moisturiser and so far I'm impressed. I've only used it for a few days but it manages to be nourishing enough for my dry skin while leaving a matte finish - the perfect base for make-up. I'll report back when I've had time to test it out properly but I'm already a fan.

It may be pathetic to say that a make-up product has changed your life, but this really has. I'm seriously annoyed that I didn't discover it before now. I always hated how my eyeshadow creased after a few hours, but one swipe of this across lids means eye make-up does not budge. At all. Not one little bit. After 15 hours it looks exactly the same as when I applied it. Seriously: buy this now.

I was lucky enough to attend the rewardStyle/Molton Brown event the week before last to celebrate 30 years of the beauty brand's iconic Orange & Bergamot fragrance and was treated to a rather lovely goody bag, including this rich hand lotion and its matching hand wash, which now have pride of place in my bathroom. I just love the fresh citrus scent: perfect for summer.

Talking of fresh scents, my latest shower gel obsession is this crisp, woody fig from Korres: the perfect amount sophisticated and comforting, but sharp and a little masculine too. It's also not too overpowering, so if you want a shower gel that won't interfere with your perfume then this is for you. I love the packaging as well.

This limited edition scent is a serious contender for my all-time favourite Diptyque fragrance (in close competition with Baies). It's fresh, floral and beautiful. Oh, and did I mention it's pink, too? In love.

If you're after a good value hair oil to tame frizz and leave ends silky smooth, I recommend this one by Dove. I'm not a huge fan of the scent (somewhat mumsy), but it really does the job and a little goes a long way. For a more sophisticated-smelling alternative (though not as good value for money), try Lee Stafford Argan oil.


See more of my beauty favourites here.




Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig