Saturday 30 November 2013

today i love… rachel boston jewellery

rachel boston jewellery

1. Rachel Boston tiny stag ring / £80 at my-wardrobe
6. Rachel Boston stag stud earrings / £95 at my-wardrobe

When it comes to jewellery, it's safe to say that I've pretty much given up on the high street. Too many times have I bought something only to have it turn from gold to silver, or silver to brass, within a matter of days (seriously, I got one wear out of my ASOS stacked silver rings before they were completely unrecognisable). The worst is rings that leave you with green fingers: seriously over that. All of my once-favourite bracelets ended up consigned to my drawer never to be worn again after just a few weeks. Contrast that with my gold-plated Dogeared necklace and Jordan Askill for Topshop ring, both of which I'm never without, and both of which look (almost) the same as the day I bought them. They weren't ridiculously expensive, either. Cost per wear it actually works out much cheaper to go for gold plating or sterling silver. Plus when it comes to my everyday jewellery, I love pieces that are very subtle and simple but with a little edge to them. So you can understand my obsession with my latest jewellery brand discovery, Rachel Boston. This UK-based designer creates stunningly simple pieces inspired by nature: stag beetle rings, insect leg earrings, spine-shaped bracelets and lizard-effect collars. The results are stunning, eye-catching pieces, all made from quality materials but without jaw-dropping prices. My top pick is the stag ring, which I also featured in my Christmas wish list, but I am pretty much lusting after everything. In any case, I'd take one of these beauties over the whole of Topshop's jewellery stand any day.

PS, Until 8th December you can get 30% off at my-wardrobe.com on all stock except sale items and those marked "New Season" or "Classics", using the code BLACKFRIDAY. Get shopping!


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig