Thursday 21 November 2013

today i love… my christmas gift guide


under £25

Christmas gift guide under £25 COS Zara La Bruket ASOS

1. COS lace bra / £19
8. H&M candle / £3.99


under £50

Christmas gift guide under £50 Smythson Tom Ford Diptyque Apivita Whistles



under £100

Christmas gift guide under £100 & Other Stories Eve Lom Reiss Le Labo Laura Mercier


I don't know about you, but at this time of year I just love leafing through the endless gift guides in every magazine and browsing them online (my favourite so far is Never Underdressed's, which by the way is a great site if you haven't come across it yet). Given that I'm shamelessly materialistic, in an ideal world I'd quite happily buy every single beauty gift set and seasonally appropriate candle there is, and have a very merry Christmas indeed. Sadly, money is an object, so instead I'll be settling for one or two for myself and a few for my nearest and dearest. Selfish as I am, this gift guide is just pretty much everything I want, but I'm betting that if you're reading this you've got pretty similar taste to me and so will also be lusting after a good few of these beautiful items for yourself and your friends. Personally when it comes to gifts the only mantra I go by is to try to get something they wouldn't buy for themselves: a candle that's a bit out of their ordinary budget, a notebook from an online shop they might not have discovered, a set of brushes they didn't know how much they needed or an indulgent silk kimono. Best of all is something with a personal touch; my top pick from these gifts is the Le Labo scent, which can be personalised with the recipient's name on the bottle to make it really extra special. As for my friends and family: yes, this post is essentially one giant and very optimistic hint; just don't get me the Laura Mercier brush set as I already have it. Ha.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig