Friday 4 October 2013

today i want... h&m velvet chain box bag

H&M velvet chain box bag


I don't know about you, but I have a pretty long list of designer bags I'd buy if I won the lottery (which would be very surprising given that I don't play). In fact it's longer than the list of clothes or shoes I'd buy put together. It goes a little something like this: 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli, Alexander Wang anything, Stella McCartney Falabella, Céline everything, Givenchy Obsedia, Valentino Va Va Voom, Proenza Schouler PS11 and Chanel Boy. I could go on. So far I've got my Mulberry Alexa and I'm really hoping to snap up one of the others in the post-Christmas sales. But while waiting for the in-no-way-ever-going-to-happen eventuality that allows me to afford all of these, I will continue scouring the high street for lookalikes. The latest spot on my lust list goes to H&M's rather lovely little velvet box bag with satisfyingly chunky silver chain strap, which I happen to think is a not too poor substitute for Chanel's bag of the moment, the Boy. A couple of years ago I'd have said a Chanel 2.55 was my number one fantasy bag of choice, but thanks mainly to its overexposure on the arms of the less than stylish (soap stars, I'm looking at you), it's largely been usurped in fashionable circles by its younger brother. I make no apologies for my heart-stopping love of the beautiful Boy, but I also am under no illusions that I will ever (well, not anytime in the next ten years) be able to make it mine. So I'm clicking home this H&M beauty instead. I first saw it on Marie Andersen of the very brilliant Blame It On Fashion when I photographed her for the Telegraph street style during fashion week, and upon asking what she was wearing fully expected to hear a designer name when she told me where she'd bought her bag (see her look here). I promptly set about scouring H&M's website for it and lo and behold, there it was, as part of their "premium quality" bag collection (which just means real leather as opposed to faux, as far as I can tell). So to cut an already quite long story slightly shorter: it's on its way to me. And I'm very excited.

*PS, Use the code 0758 until 13th October to get 10% off H&M online orders.*


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

2 comments

  1. Your list of bags is as closer to mine as it gets! I want the Chanel Boy, Va Va Voom, Saint Laurent Betty, the Céline trapeze tote, and the Sophie Hulme tote. The only designer bag I have is the PS11, but I would have loved to buy the tiny one instead.

    I have also been considering buying this H&M bag because it's so beautiful, unique, that it looks like a designer bag. It's on top of my wishlist x

    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah totally jealous of your PS11! So gorgeous X

      Delete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig