Wednesday 4 September 2013

today i love... avenue 32


2. Carven pink crushed wool skirt / £210 at Avenue 32

Last Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to a bloggers' breakfast by Avenue 32. While we sipped coffee and ate fruit and pastries, we were treated to a presentation by the very lovely (and beautiful) Erin Mullaney, explaining all about the concept behind the online boutique, their ten key trends for autumn and a whole crop of exciting new designers arriving on the site soon. It was a lovely morning and I came away pretty much lusting after every single item on the site. Describing itself as "luxury shopping with a sense of discovery and fun", Avenue 32 provides a perfectly curated collection where established and brand new designers sit alongside each other. I love this concept because sometimes it can feel like a risk investing in someone you've never heard of, but when the pieces have been carefully selected and sit happily alongside others you recognise, it doesn't feel risky at all to choose a little-known name. Some of the relatively unknown names Erin mentioned which I'll be keeping my eye on in future include Danielle Romeril, Alexis Barrell and Etienne Deroeux. Above I've chosen some of my favourite items from the site at the moment, all of which would 100% be in my wardrobe right now if only money weren't an object. It's no surprise that two of them are Phillip Lim (it's fair to say I'm more than a little obsessed with his designs and would own every single thing he's ever created if I could) - you can't go wrong with silver/black mules and a ponyskin blue leopard clutch, can you? The pink Carven skirt is a little more left field for me but I just love how its fierce, sculptural shape is almost the antithesis of its sugary colour, and I would love to pair it with those Lim mules (or my new Zara loafers). Maria Black is a jewellery brand I've got my eye on right now; I love her simple but eye-catching designs like this beautiful understated ring (not a bad price either). And of course, what more could you want than a JW Anderson jumper?


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig