Saturday 20 July 2013

today i bought... whistles burgundy fedora


Whistles burgundy fedora /

As I mentioned in the previous post, I'm not a hat person. I never have been. The idea of attending something like Ascot or a posh wedding where hats are a pre-requisite fills me with dread. I just don't think I can pull them off. But last winter I discovered the beanie and it was something of a revelation. From there, I've slowly graduated to borrowing my sister's straw trilby to keep the sun off my face (fight those ageing rays, kids), and the other day it seemed my transition from hat-hater to hat-wearer was complete: I bought this rather beautiful burgundy felt fedora in the Whistles sale. I have to admit I'm not 100% sure if I'll keep it. I just don't know if I can pull it off. Besides, it opens up a whole new accessory world for me that's totally unknown. What do you wear hats with? Do you wear them indoors? Can you wear a hat as well as sunglasses? As well as earrings? Oh, the questions. For now, I'm just going to keep trying it on in the mirror until I make up my mind. But it is good to get out of your fashion comfort zone every now and then, so I'm hoping my nerve holds out on this one. So, where do you stand on hats?


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig