Tuesday 22 May 2012

today i want... miss selfridge pink snakeskin jeans


Miss Selfridge pink snake ankle grazer / £20 (reduced from £38)

I was browsing the internet during my lunch break today and decided to check out Miss Selfridge, having exhausted the Topshop and Zara sites. I don't often look there because I find most of the stock a bit too girly and (gulp) young for me, but occasionally I do find the odd little beauty. Anyway, I clicked on the tempting red "Sale" banner and almost immediately found myself confronted by these fantastic pink snakeskin jeans. As I zoomed in for a closer look, I knew it was love at first click. Lately you might have noticed that I've developed something of an obsession with printed jeans (reference my striped, floral, leopard and tie-dye pairs), but I just can't help myself. It's something I mainly blame Caroline Blomst for, given that she owns the Current/Elliott Stiletto jeans in at least 7 different prints (4 of which are different colours of leopard). Now that is jean devotion. Of course I can't stretch to the real McCoy, but Miss Selfridge's homage is surely the next best thing. If you click on the picture above you'll notice that most of the sizes have sadly sold out online (no surprise, really), but luckily the handy stock checker feature informed me that they were in stock in my local store. Needless to say I couldn't resist nipping down after work to try them on, and they are really very nice indeed; plus, despite the fact that "ankle grazer" just means "full length" on my legs, they're very flattering, too. However, my reservations are as follows: 1) They're pink. Ordinarily I do not go anywhere near pink. They are also brighter pink than in the above picture, which is a bit of a shame, but then again the slightly neon quality helps to de-girlify them. 2) I worry that if I all of a sudden go off printed jeans, I will no longer be able to wear half of my wardrobe. On the other hand, I love snakeskin and I would really like to style them like this.

So, what do you think... to keep or not to keep?



Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

2 comments

  1. Keep!

    aminorobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :) I wore them last week in fact - check out 30th May's "today I'm wearing"! X

      Delete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig