Saturday 19 May 2012

today i love... summer lipsticks


Clockwise from top:
NARS lip gloss in Wonder / £17.50 at ASOS
Barry M lip paint in 151 / £4.49 at Boots

I've called this post summer lipsticks, but I'm including gloss, markers and tints in that as well. You may well think that lipsticks are more suited to winter and that in summer a slick of balm will do. And if you're just heading to the beach then that's probably true. But one of my favourite beauty looks of all time has got to be a glowing, bronzed face with just a slick of mascara and bright zingy lips - and, done in the right way, it's just perfect for summer evenings. One of my favourite holiday snaps from a couple of years ago is of me wearing an orange Topshop lip gloss with a smudge of gold shadow and a dusting of bronzer, and I think I'll definitely be trying it again this year. So above I've picked some of my favourite lip colours on offer at the moment, with a variety of different shades and finishes. The very vivid lipsticks are for the bold among you (I've got my eye on that No7 shocking pink), while those a little less accustomed to bright lips might prefer a slick of gloss or a hint of juicy orange courtesy of Benefit's ChaCha tint (definitely on my wish list). And for something in between, look to Clinique's chubby sticks and Topshop's lip markers for a subtle stain. Finally, if you need some direction on how to wear bright lips, this Lisa Eldridge tutorial is a great place to start.


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig