Tuesday 8 May 2012

today i love... outfit ideas


Still on sick leave I'm afraid, so sorry for the lack of outfit posts at the moment. All this sitting at home gives me plenty of time to plan what I will wear when I go back to work next week, though. And it got me to wondering: do any of you plan your outfits in advance, too...? I'm always very jealous when I read interviews with celebrities saying they just pick up any old thing off the floor, but that approach doesn't work for me - I'd never manage to leave the house if I had to decide what to wear in the morning. I usually sit down at the weekend and plan my outfits for the coming week (though sometimes I'm left in a bit of a panic on Thursday night as I'd run out of ideas for Friday). I have to confess I keep a Word document of outfit ideas on my laptop, as well as a note on my iPhone in case I have any ideas on-the-go. I also have another Word document listing all my clothes so that I don't have to physically rummage through my wardrobe to remember what I've got (I know, I'm a geek). Plus I keep pictures of street style, celebrities and random fashion shots on my laptop and use them as my screensaver to give me a little bit of inspiration throughout the day. So are any of you as OCD as I am about these things, or do you just think up what you're going to wear on the spot? Would be really interested to know!


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

4 comments

  1. Ha ha, my routine isn't quite as extensive as yours but I do like to plan out my outfits in advance and look up images of my favourite bloggers (i.e. you) and celebrities for a bit of inspiration :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not alone in that! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are super organised! Sometimes I have an idea of what I might want to wear the next day, but when I get up in the morning I usually remix the idea and end up wearing something different anyway! Having a list of your clothes sounds like an interesting idea - I am forever forgetting about pieces I have... but then finding them again feels like having new clothes!

    aminorobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm jealous you can decide in the morning - I'm far too indecisive for that!

      Delete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig