Sunday 8 January 2012

today i love... make-up

This isn't a beauty blog and I don't claim to be an expert on make-up, but I am always interested to know which products people swear by and use on a daily basis. I have been using make-up for about ten years now (!) and in that time I've definitely tried my fair share of products. Like most people I've built up a collection of faithful favourites which never fail to deliver. So I just thought I would share them with you in case you're interested...


Eyes (from left to right)
Urban Decay eye palette: A gift from a friend which proved to be a failsafe palette. Ten beautiful shades which include the perfect black and the perfect gold.
L'Oréal Volume Million mascara: I'm not that fussed on which mascara I use, but this one definitely helps pump up my little lashes.
Benefit Bad Gal eyeliner: A big fat black pencil for adding definition below the lashline.
Topshop eye crayon in Zephyr: A new favourite. Brilliant for creating a super quick smoky eye.
Barry M intense black eyeliner pen: A waterproof pencil which stays put on the waterline.
Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner: Liquid eyeliner with an easy-to-use applicator, which I use on the upper lid to create a kitten flick.
Collection 2000 eyebrow definer in Blonde: The perfect colour for adding a little oomph to my eyebrows.
Barry M Dazzle Dust in 53 Chocolate: One of two eyeshadows I use every day. This perfect dark brown adds emphasis to the outer half of my lids.
Maybelline mono shadow in Silken Taupe: My failsafe everyday eyeshadow. I use a wash of it all over my lids as a base colour.


Face
Soap & Glory Glow Lotion: I mix this with my foundation and use it to highlight my cheekbones. Like Benefit High Beam, only much cheaper.
Ruby & Millie foundation and blusher brushes: Long-lasting and provide flawless application.
L'Oréal Touche Magique and Infallible concealers: The only concealers I've found with shades pale enough for my skin. I use Touche Maqique under my eyes and Infallible to touch up.
Barbara Daly moisture foundation: Again, the only foundation I've found that's a perfect match for my skintone. Also fantastic value for money.
Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Pétale: The perfect everyday pink blush. The palette includes a little brush for on-the-go touch-ups.
Topshop blush in Neon Rose: A bright coral cream formula for a summery flush.
Benefit Posie Tint: A little of this punchy pink liquid adds extra cheek colour.


Lips
Benefit Her Glossiness in Didn't Hear It From Me: Sadly I think this brilliant creamy peach gloss is now discontinued, but it was an everyday favourite of mine.
No7 lip pencil in Nude: I use this under lipstick to make it last all day.
Topshop lips in Infrared: A vibrant orange lipstick perfect for summer.
Benefit lipstick in Fruit Cocktail: In winter, however, I go for this lovely moisturising berry shade.
Paul & Joe lipstick in 02: A simple nude failsafe.
Rouge Dior in Trafalgar Pink: Vibrant fuchsia pink and lasts all day.
Mac Viva Glam Gaga: My favourite pop of pink.
Rimmel Lasting Finish in Retro: A classic orangey-red for old school glamour.
Topshop lip polishes in Cracker (bright red) and Lavender (pale shimmery purple): Lovely little pots to take with you for a subtle hint of colour.


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

2 comments

  1. I always find these kind of posts really interesting,
    I've been wanting to do something similar on mine for ages!
    Great tip about the soap and glory highlighter, might just have to give it a try :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! :) Yeah I would definitely recommend the Soap & Glory Glow Lotion!

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig