Saturday 8 October 2011

today i want... topshop foil star jeans

If you loved Acne's S/S'12 show as much as I did, you'll already be on the lookout for star-printed pieces (find out how to channel the Acne collection for less here). I'm not talking fussy little black and white star prints à la Dolce & Gabbana (not a fan), but big, unapologetically oversized stars, emblazoned across all manner of clothing. And, as so often seems to be the case, Topshop appear to have read my mind. These amazing jeans with printed foil stars are so Acne-esque that I can only think Topshop have turned them around since seeing the Swedish superbrand's show (though I suspect that's unlikely). What's so great about these is that the star print isn't so in-your-face that the jeans have to be a really statement piece; it's rather a subtle yet unmistakable twist which means you could still wear them with everything you would normally team your ordinary jeans with. I must confess that they are high up on my wish list for October. However, I'm trying to restrict my purchases to five per month (none so far, impressive eh!), so I'll have to wait and see if these make the grade. If they do end up in my wardrobe, I'll be teaming them with my fluffy cream knit and zip ankle boots. Acne-tastic.



Share:

1 comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig