Friday 14 October 2011

today i love... cos

COS (an acronym of Collection Of Style, I believe), the big sister of Swedish high street stalwart H&M, has always been on my lust list since its arrival in the UK a couple of years ago. The home of beautifully tailored, sculptural fashion-forward pieces, every time I see a COS piece in a magazine or adorning a fashionable figure, I never fail to love it. But as a result of the only UK stores being in London, and the prices being a little out of my usual range, to date I've never actually set foot in a COS store. About a month ago, however, they launched their online shop, and suddenly I can view the whole breathtaking collection on my screen. Being a huge fan of Swedish minimalist fashion (it's no accident that most of my favourite bloggers are Swedish), this site is right up my street. There are cocoon coats in structured fabric; simple zip clutches in butter-soft beaten-up leather; soft draped silk shirts in shades of nude and charcoal; shift dresses cut perfectly to the figure; dove grey angora knits; block heeled boots; leather sleeves and pockets on cardigans, coats and tops. Quite simply the perfect capsule wardrobe: timeless, simple and utterly sophisticated. Below I've picked out my favourite pieces from the online store (but let me tell you, I had serious trouble narrowing it down: there wasn't even one thing I didn't love). Yes, the prices are upwards of my normal range, but every once in a while it's worth splashing out. Certainly with clothes that are this beautiful and this classic, it would be a very wise investment.


Leather pocket dress, €89 (approx. £78)


Skinny zip leg trousers, €69 (approx. £60)


Silk printed bra, €25 (approx. £22)


Double pocket clutch, €89 (approx. £78)


Merino roll neck jumper, €49 (approx. £43)


Scuba pencil skirt, €69 (approx. £60)


Leather sleeve cardigan, €125 (approx. £109)


Block-heeled boots, €190 (approx. £166)


Leather t-shirt, €225 (approx. £196)


Graphic knit jumper, €69 (approx. £60)


Colour block purse, €39 (approx. £34)


Double layer mesh dress, €79 (approx. £69)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig