Monday 10 January 2011

today i'm inspired by... asos spring haze collection

You'll know by now that 70s is the buzzword (or buzz number?) for spring/summer 2011. A whole host of designers, from Marc Jacobs through to Topshop Unique, channelled big hair and even bigger flares when they showed their collections back in September, leaving me somewhat apprehensive. I've never been a big fan of references from any decade past the 40s, but the 70s in particular has always left me shuddering. I'm not good with hats, I like my denim very skinny, and I hate paisley. So it's no mean feat that Asos's latest collection Spring Haze - which is thoroughly anchored in the 70s - inspired in me not terror, but adoration (see the collection here). The pictures are so beautifully shot, the hair and make-up is divine, and the clothes are definitely on the less scary side of retro. Most of all I love the gorgeous colour palette of rust, berry, mint green and cobalt blue, and am definitely tempted to invest in that amazing chestnut jumpsuit in the second picture. So if ever you find yourself, like me, more than a little intimidated by all the 70s references that will undoubtedly be popping up in the coming weeks, just refer back to these pictures for proof that it really can be done in style.


All pictures:
Asos.com

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig