Wednesday 7 July 2010

today i love... vogue's 'today i'm wearing' blog

Let's be honest, it doesn't get much more fashion-tastic than Vogue. And Vogue.co.uk does not disappoint as an online equivalent. To be honest I'm addicted to the websites of many many magazines... favourites being Elleuk.com, glamourmagazine.co.uk and graziadaily.co.uk. Anyway, last month I made the ridiculously amazing discovery that is Vogue's 'Today I'm Wearing' Blog. The premise is simple: each month they target an ever-so-stylish celebrity and ask her to take a picture of herself every day, accompanied by a caption detailing the designer or brand of each item of clothing. A-mazing. For someone like me, who spends her entire life poring over pictures of impeccably outfitted famous females, this is pure heaven. Especially as the celebrities they have chosen do not disappoint. My favourites so far have been Alexa Chung in February and Olivia Palermo in April, both of whom I am sartorially obsessed with. Take a look at this, one of Miss Palermo's impeccable fashion choices (I love me some leather):

What I love most about this feature is that unlike paparazzi shots picked apart by magazines and websites, with designers and brands guessed at and imitated, these photos and their captions allow us to hear from the horse's mouth exactly where we can find these fabulous pieces. I've always known that Olivia shares my obsession for a certain Topshop, but it's exciting to have her name the pieces herself, and to have proof that celebrities really do wear high street. And it's perfect for the Twitter generation, who love getting a sneak peek into celebrities' minds and lives... and wardrobes. Last month was the ineffably cool Julia Restoin-Roitfeld (daughter of French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld) and this month is Zac Posen's muse and supermodel Coco Rocha... take a sneaky peek and be inspired.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig