Thursday 22 July 2010

today i love... my high-waisted silk shorts

Good afternoon all. Today I'm happy for a few reasons. Number one, I just found out that the new series of Would I Lie To You starts tomorrow and I LOVE that show. Secondly, the Radio 1 DJs have been on top form today; Fearne Cotton's accidental impression of a train had me guffawing into my cereal this morning. Thirdly, it rained today and is much cooler and altogether more pleasant weather-wise than it has been in a few days. And lastly, I have a delightful new pair of high-waisted silk shorts, Asos's Scalloped Hem Silk Short. Feast your eyes on the beauties, as modelled by the lovely Amber Le Bon:

Oh yes, they certainly are just my cup of tea. Not only are they real actual 100% silk, with a delightfully Chloé-esque scalloped waistband and slightly reminiscent of bloomers, but they were also reduced from £35 to £20. Result! Now if I'm honest, I think Amber could do with going up a size, because I can tell you from experience they look much nicer when a little looser around the thighs. Now I must assure you that this is not a slight on Miss Le Bon, who I think is amazing; it is merely that having the shorts hanging off just a smidgen affords them a little more casual chic, a little more of that hands-in-pockets nonchalance that I was banging on about yesterday in my Clémence Poésy post.

The shorts made their first outing on Tuesday, when I wore them to rendezvous with a gorgeous friend of mine, and took them first to see Twilight Eclipse and then to the chicken heaven that is Nando's. Gosh I'm classy. Anyway, they looked rather delightful paired with a cream & black polka dot tiered cropped top (a Topshop number, bien sûr), my tan leather satchel slung over the shoulder and the gorgeous tan heels I waxed lyrical about in my very first post. There was even a teeny bit of midriff visible between the high waistband and the cropped top. Shocking, I know. But somehow a tiny sliver of flesh just above the waist looks the very opposite of the horrifying pasty muffin top spilling over low-rise jeans. Shudder. So yes, the shorts were very successful on that outing. The shoes not so much... I came home with approximately ten blisters. But you know what they say, mes chéris, beauty is pain...

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig